Sunday, March 20, 2011

Training for Thursday through Sunday the 20th.

Thursday - 03/17 - Upper Body.

Still feeling pretty weak from being sick and the diet. I almost called in sick today, but we're short handed at work, and I'm no pussy, so I went in. Around workout time, I actually felt pretty good, so I decided to do a workout session. Around the time I got to the gym, most of my gym buddies were at the gym, which kind of motivated me. At worst, it at least made me feel like I was at home...

Floor Press (Fat Gripz): 255 x 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 - Man, the weakness is really settling in.
Floor Press (Myo/Fat Gripz): 205 x 11 + 3, 3, 4, 4, 3
Close Grip Pulldown (Fat Gripz): 160 x 15 + 4, 4, 4, 4, 5
Seated Chest Supported Row: 180 x 20 + 5, 5, 6, 5, 5
Rear DB Incline Delt Raise: 32.5 x 18 + 5, 5, 5, 5, 7
Rear Delt Machine: 120 x 10 + 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
Cybex Tricep Machine: 120 x 15 + 3, 3, 4, 4, 4
Cybex Preacher Curl (Tyler Grips): 110 x 15 + 4, 3, 4, 4, 4

Friday - 03/18 - Off

Today is normally not an off day, but I felt like absolute HELL today. My weight dropped to 191, which normally would be a good thing on a diet, but with me being sick and how I've felt, seems like more of a signal to take a day off. Today ended up being a pretty busy day at work, and I ended up not taking a lunch break, so I just skipped the workout. I got home Friday night, made a big dinner, watched Hereafter (which sucked) and then rested up.

Saturday - 03/19 - Legs

I'm on call this weekend, which normally means I can't do much as far as working out, but around 3:30, I figured I wasn't going to get called, and I was feeling pretty rested, so I wanted to get a session in. Because my normal gym closes at 4 on the weekends, I needed to go to the new, but really super shitty, 24 Hour. This place sucks ass! There's one power rack and one weighted leg press. Period! Everything else is a machine, which isn't inherently bad, but only one plate loaded leg press? Huh?

Plus, they used to follow you around and harass you for carrying a gym bag on the gym floor. Even today, most of the people at the gym seem more interested in watching the games on the TV screens, than working out. I mean, seriously people, go home and watch the game if that's your priority. Get the fuck out of my way (and out of the way of anyone that wants to work out seriously). As busy as the gym was, I saw maybe 4-5 people that looked like they were actually trying to get a good workout in. Anyway...

RDL: 405 x 4, 425 x 4, 4, 435 x 4, 4, 445 x 4 - Still a little weak, but not too bad. I have to admit that it's nice when you put that much weight on a bar and people start to stare. :)
Lying Leg Curl: 155 x 12 + 4, 3, 4, 4, 5
Seated Leg Curl: 120 x 20 + 5, 5, 5, 6, 8
One Leg Press (Free Motion): 180 x 20 + 5, 5, 5, 5, 6
Leg Press: 450 x 18 + 4, 4, 5, 5, 10 - Okay, I'm clearly not pushing myself enough on the first set. I'm going to need to figure out what the deal is here. More warm up maybe?
Calf Press (Hoist): 376 x 13 + 4, 4, 4, 4, 5
Seated Calf Raise: 135 x 20 + 6, 6, 6, 6, 8

My back felt pretty sore after, but I felt okay on Sunday. I was tempted to do sprints, but I ended up getting a few calls for work, so I just didn't have time. Plus, I don't like to do sprints when I can't start my day with yoga before the sprint session. Hopefully, the weather will lighten up and allow me to do more sprints and Prowler sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment