Sunday, July 10, 2011

Horrible Bosses - Movie Review.

My this week in DVD is coming. I've just been lazy the past week with the holiday and all. Plus, that effing Transformers 3 review really wiped me out. I'm still thinking of reasons why I hated that movie. Anyway...

Okay, so this one is going to be quick because I just don't have all that much to say about it. Not in a bad way; there just isn't that much to talk about it. Horrible Bosses is a funny movie, but it seemed lacking to me. For a movie about 'horrible bosses', I could have used more actual horrible bosses. The bosses felt like they were shitty, but not so shitty that I wanted to kill them. They were more like the type you put up with for a few years at the most and then you just quit or job.

The 'horrible' bosses are played by Kevin Spacey, Colin Ferrell and Jennifer Aniston, who is especially hot in this movie and really needs to play more roles like this. I complimented Cameron Diaz for her role in Bad Teacher, but I think Jennifer Aniston here was better than Diaz in Bad Teacher. I'd like to see both of them continue to take roles that allow them to play against type. Kevin Spacey was good, but I've seen him do this role before in better movies. We also needed more Colin Ferrell, who only seemed like he was in a scene or two.

I just felt like the plot itself was kind of weak and you didn't really get enough motivation for why they actually wanted to kill their bosses. However, you don't watch a movie like this for plot. Is it funny? Fortunately, the answer is yes!

The movie reminded me of Pineapple Express for some reason. Horrible Bosses seemed kind of random to me, similar to how Pineapple Express was. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. I liked Pineapple Express, so I guess that's something to consider.

There are some funny parts here and I laughed out loud several times, but overall I felt like this wasn't anything special. Maybe my expectations were set a little too high. I'm hoping this is a movie where I'll pick up on different things when I eventually watch it again.

This is the typical type of movie I say to have drinks and watch with a group of friends.

Otherwise, it's a matinee at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment