Thursday, April 22, 2010

First official day back.

First off, the doctor wasn't kidding when he said I'd be sore after all the anesthetic wore off. It didn't really bother me at all last night. However, this morning I woke up with the intention of doing some yoga, but as soon as I rolled out of bed, I knew it wasn't going to happen. It was just too damn sore. As the day went on it started to feel more 'stingy'. Yeah, that's the best word I can use to describe it.

Since today is normally a scheduled upper body day, I didn't figure my soreness would affect me all that much (which it didn't) and went to the gym at my normal time. It was great to walk back in, but it was funny to see all the looks of 'where the hell have you been' on people's faces. Then, I eventually have to explain to them why I had to take two months off the gym. That's always an interesting conversation. It's still great to catch up with a lot of my gym buddies that I haven't seen in weeks.

Here's my weak sauce for today:

Pulldowns: 100 x 10, 150 x 10, 180 x 8
Body Masters Row: 120 x 10, 150 x 10, 180 x 8
Floor Press: 135 x 10, 155 x 10, 165 x8
Hulk Claps: 95 x 10, 100 x 8, 6 - Hulk Claps are my funny way of saying I was using the Pec Dec machine. I just do them with my arms fully extended and I try to clap my hands on each rep. Hulk Smash!!
Upright DB Row: 40 x 10, 45 x 10, 10
Cybex Rear Delt: 80 x 10, 10, 90 x 10
Lying EZ-Bar Tri Extension: 65 x 8, 8, 8
Hammer DB Curls: 45 x 10, 8, 40 x 8

A few observations:

- I forgot how fidgety I am in the gym. I noticed after a few sets, all my old mannerisms came right back. The arm shake, the leg wiggle, the air drumming, the inappropriate staring...um, maybe I shouldn't have admitted that last one.
- It was weird after a set or two how quickly all the old gym feelings came back and how much like home it felt. I really missed that place.

Due to my current soreness, I'm not sure how tomorrow is going to go as it's a lower body day. I might not be able to pull that off quite yet. I guess I'll know in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment