Sunday, April 10, 2011

Your Highness - Movie Review.

Your Highness - Movie Review.

Yep, highness. That's how you need to enjoy this movie. Well, not necessarily high, but at least with a good buzz.

It's crass, vulgar, and silly, but if you're in the right mood, it's also funny. I think this movie hinges a bit on how much you like Danny McBride. If you're a fan of his other stuff, Eastbound & Down, in particular, then this is right up your alley.

If you're offended or put off by dick jokes and liberal use of the 'f' word, then this movie is not for you.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a good movie. I'm totally aware of the shit reviews this movie is getting, even by people I respect. However, it's easy for me to forgive that, as I don't think it pretends at all to be a good movie. It is what it is.

This is the perfect example of a movie that is best when seen with a group a friends and a case of beer. Rent it and watch it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment