Monday, March 7, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau movie review.

The Adjustment Bureau

I saw The Adjustment Bureau yesterday and I have to say that the more I think about it, the more I liked it. Since this just came out this weekend, this will be a short, spoiler-free review.

I will say that I think the commercials for it are slightly misleading, but not in a bad way. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of humor in the movie. It was very light-hearted compared to how the commercials make it look.

I think the chemistry between Matt Damon and Emily Blunt really worked here, so if you like either of them, then I think you'll really enjoy when they are on screen together. I liked just about every character in the movie, Anthony Mackie and John Slattery (for you Mad Men fans), in particular.

Overall, I really liked the movie and I would definitely recommend this checking it out. It's at least worth a matinée.

1 comment:

  1. I saw it Saturday and I was definitely caught off guard based on the previews. It was definitely making a statement, my goal is to eventually find out the why behind the making of it.

    I was expecting more of a Bourne movie, and not, as you mentioned, such a lighthearted approach to a more thought provoking movie.

    ReplyDelete