Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday, 3/07 - Training Log

So, it's time to get serious again. I weighed in at about 203 this morning, but a lot of that I'm sure was due to carbing up and bloat from yesterday. I kind of ate everything I could get my hands on, as Sunday is usually my cheat day. Plus, I knew I was doing to do a Pulse Fast today.

If you're unfamiliar with a Pulse Fast, you can read about it here:


I expect to drop 5-6 pounds today due to the fast. I'll likely do another fast on Thursday. I have a goal of getting below 190 by April 1st, which shouldn't be too hard considering I was 196.6 on Friday before the carb up.

I'm still having issues getting up early to do yoga, but I was about to get about 15 minutes of foam rolling in this morning. This is something I need to get better about moving forward.

Today was upper body. I'm still doing Myo-Reps for the most part, but I like to start the workout with one 'heavy' exercise done with straight sets.

Chins with Fat Gripz for all sets: 45 x 4, 4, 55 x 4, 4, 65 x 4, 2 (my grip just gave out here)
Barbell Rows: 275 x 16 + 4, 4, 5, 5, 5
Neutral Grip Incline Machine Press: 205 x 19 + 4, 4, 5, 5, 6
Hammer Strength Dips: 270 x 15 + 4, 4, 5, 5, 5
Incline Laterals: 35 x 18 + 4, 4, 5, 5, 6
Rear Laterals (also done on low incline bench): 27.5 x 15 + 4, 4, 5, 5, 5
Hammer Curls (with Tyler Grips): 47.5 x 15 + 3, 3, 4, 4, 4
Pressdown (with Fat Gripz): 140 x 21 + 5, 4, 5, 5, 6

I did about 15 minutes of cardio on the recumbent bike when I got home. I'm not a huge fan of cardio, but what I plan on doing is reading a chapter or two a day of whatever current book I'm reading to make it go by faster. This way I'm getting my reading in and a little extra cardio while I'm at it. I'll probably end up just doing about 15-20 minutes a day this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment